Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kulcs




Today was pretty good, or i guess that I should say yesterday (its just past midnight here.

We did indeed go to Szekesfehervar today. And I finally figured out what that word means.

Szek -chair

+es -throne

feher - white

var - castle

or, the white castle where the kings are crowned. Pretty long name for a city don't you think?

So we didn't pick much paprika, we picked grapes. Grapes, grapes, grapes. Lots. There were lots of wasps in them, I got stung. But oh well. After Mira and I got to squish them in this ancient grape squishing gysmo. It was great! Then we got to drink some. It was kind of like condenced grape juice. I guess I can tell how much water is in the grape juice we buy at the store now.

They made gulas for lunch in one of those giant outside cauldrons. Very awesome. Heres a picture.





















When we got back I went to one of the other afser's birthday party. Well, it was her


host sister's birthday party and hers. Which meant that there were lots of Hungarian people. Getting there was quite the production. I think I'm getting better with the public transport. Yay I love it! As long as I know exactly where I'm going I can do it.



Heres a picture of the hat I made. Yes, it is a bit big. But its warm and green and black so its all good.

2 comments:

Darwin said...

the green looks metallic.

and ve, you could have made a good white castle joke somewhere in there.....but you didnt:/

LaPerk said...

nice hat, ve!!