Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama for President!

I got up very early today, it is about 6:30 now, to watch the US news or Obama being elected. I got to see his acceptance speech! Its so amazing!

In other exiting news going on in the US, I have a new cousin!

I kind of wish I could be there in the US, just for today, to see everything that is going on. But I will go to school here instead and try to tell everyone that Barack (pronounced Buratsk, 'barack' in Hungarian means peach, there is a whole peach campaign here) Obama won the election.

Halloween here was uneventful, I did get to see some little Hungarian trick or treaters though, I guess the idea has caught on a bit here. I did have 'tok' soup though, very good. 'Tok' means pumpkin, but it was more or a squash. I was in Szekesfehervar at the time.

Ok, I am going to get ready for school now!

-Ve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

peaches rock!
long live peaches!

Darwin said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Spent the night at school at the election night sleepover....Got to watch the acceptance speach live too- will post video soon...ms mccray cried alot :D