Saturday, November 22, 2008











Sziasztok!
This week was also a very good one. Lots to do and things to see!
The AFSers in Budapest have all discovered this amazing little cafe. We had class there on Thursday, how CBHS of us. Usually there isn't anyone in it but our group. We've met the guy who works there too, hes pretty cool. he has adopted the American name Gabe, though we don't know if he only does that when he sees a load of foreigners. Well anyway, I had Wednesday off from school for who knows what reason. Seriously, I haven't got a clue. But I went with the German girl to this awesome palacsinta house. It was kind of like a fast food place I guess, except they only serve palacsinta. But the place is directly across the river from the parliament so it has an amazing view. No pictures I'm afraid. It gets dark here at 4:30 anyway.
Yesterday was pretty cool too. After a fairly average day of school I went with a girl from my class with her little sisters class on an after school field trip. YAY! Well, they were completely flabbergasted to discover that I didn't speak Magyar, and I think they had a good time trying to get me to say 1 -10 correctly. They were super cute. So we went to this massive museum. It had this Christmas wreath exhibit which I found kind of odd, but interesting. The kids kept asking me to read to them what the cards said. Didn't work out quite like they had expected I don't think.
Today we made more fozalak and it SNOWED! Its the first time I have seen snow here! I think I might go and touch it now. Or maybe not. I don't know. Ok, hope everything is good.
Jo hetvegen!
-Ve

1 comment:

Darwin said...

ahahaha all hunagrian children RUN! VERA WILL KIDNAP YOU AND BRING YOU TO THE US!!!!!