Sunday, November 9, 2008

This is a picture of a metro stop.

In Deak ter.
Paprika.

Kutyak.



Sziasztok!

So the last week has been pretty normal. Well, as normal as it can be here. I got to go to the massive library again with some people from school. We tried to get a library card for me, but apparently I would have to bring my real parent all of the way from the USA to the library to sign the form. And basically that can not happen. But I got to check a book out on my friends card so it was good.

Speaking of books in the library, it is so fascinating to see all of these familiar books written in Hungarian. The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, Jane Austin books, and a load of books based on American movies.

After we vacated the library we went to this little shop full of hand made jewelry and wood figurines. It reminded me so much of Mexicali Blues! I could have spent all day in there! Apparently the girl I was with knows the owner though, so I found myself being wholly welcomed in and shown around and such. He came up to me with this wooden basket of little funny string men dangling from a cell phone string and got me to understand that I should take one. Well anyway, I am calling him Bence ( pronounced Ben-ts-e... ) and he is purple. I quite like it. So many notable characters here.

So a couple of days ago was the monthly chapter meeting where everyone in the Budapest chapter gathers in some public place and just talks. It was pretty good, well, the last hour of it was. For I spent the beginning half wandering aimlessly around the streets of Budapest with an Italian and a German. It was fairly funny. We had to ask for directions from these Hungarians. I don't think that they could believe that we were all from different countries, totally befuddled them. But we got there in the end and it was fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They seem very protective about their libraries!

Darwin said...

ahahahahaha what did you do? ask directions in like a million languages?