Thursday, October 30, 2008

Zsúzsi's Paprika Cheese Spread

SZERBUSZ!

I am in Szekesfehervar again right now, I spent the night here. I got to ride here on a seriously cheap train, I think that it came to about 3 dollars. You never see that in the US, well, you hardly ever see people-carrying trains in the US. It was just me and my host dad, Mira is in school this week. We sat behind this British family with awesome accents. The little boy played a Star Wars card game most of the way. Isn't it strange how some things are universal in people?

Well, we got here and I went out into the yard and ripped out all of the paprika plants in the garden. They are something fierce, paprika plants. But I felt very accomplished. Then we found this huge bag of old yarn in the attic that no one's seen for years, so guess what Ive been doing? Knitting! YAY! I'm about half way done with one mitten right now, I hope that it actually comes out looking ok. Its blue.

This morning my host dad left for Budapest again so I am with Mira's aunt and grandpa until Saturday. This is both a good thing and very complicated thing. Mira's grandpa and aunt are much more traditional Hungarians, as far as I can tell. It's awesome to see it all. Lots of paprika too, lots. And in everything.

This is what I had for breakfast, I suggest that you try it.

Zsúzsi's Paprika Cheese Spread

Bagged cottage cheese
Lots of paprika
Lots of Onion
Lots of Salt
Pepper
Kifli, Hungarian bread roll, or just a piece of slightly stale bread.

Stir - (Eat with fork not on top of bread if you want to be traditional)

It was pretty good. There might have been other things in it that I couldn't tell. Maybe some lemon juice.

Today I really should do some homework. Hum. Ok, I hope that everything is great in the US and that Pumpkin is born safe and sound!

Happy Halloween!

-Ve

2 comments:

Darwin said...

dont post the recipies!!!!!!!!
dad will go CRAZY with them!!!!!

Ve said...

but i only post the ones that i actually think are good, just dont let him mutilate the recipes to much and you should be ok. and be carful to brush your teeth after this one if you can. you might just kill the cat if you dont.