Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just want to say a quick Bolond Napot! Its April fools day here. So far no one has been tricked in the slightest really.

I went swimming today and to art club yesterday. I entered a painting competition and they are going to be exhibiting the paintings in a gallery not far away from my school, starting tomorrow. I can't go though, maybe Friday. Tomorrow is going to be fast and long all at once. School, Hungarian language class, then I'm seeing my angel (volunteer) and going to Angol ora. There will be a new American teacher and I bet he's from Utah.

Last Friday was the first really WARM, take your coat off, day that we have had. I went with three of my classmates and our French lecturer, whose from Bordeaux, to the language college to compete in a French Dictée. Needless to say, I did miserably, but it was fun. My French is steadily decreasing. I got some good information about the school it was at too, who knows? It's supposed to be really good. Afterwards, I walked around Budapest for a while with my friend. We went to a load of foreign stores. It was fun.

Monday, I went for coffee and went again to the Piac near my school. My friend bought this awesome hand embroidered pillow case.

Tuesday, I had dance class. Our teacher is having a show this Sunday. About a third of our class going now, so it will be good, I hope. She also showed us this piece of paper that someone had just found a couple of days ago when cleaning a synagogue. It was money that the Jews used on Sundays. Pretty deep. Her apartment, where she teaches classes, is built in the old ghetto district.

Friday, I hope I can make it to the Japanese library. I still haven't gotten around to getting a card there yet. So, another busy week. See you all at home in less than 100 days!

Vera

3 comments:

Darwin said...

I love that mom spell checks your entries :P

Its 96 days sister! We're counting!!! Love you!

Devyn said...

WAIT?! less than 100 days?! what is the date EXACTLY?!?!?!?!!!!!
;D yay!

margot said...

i think it's completely normal that your french ability is decreasing; mine definitely is.

it's great that you take to do swimming and dance classes. i am trying to get into the habit of doing more sports since i've definitely gained weight. it's also great that you get to go to a japanese library! one of the many advantages of living in a city....