Friday, April 24, 2009

Rest from Poland and Week 32!


Sziasztok!
OK, so I'm finally back, and in the school library again, what a shock.

The rest of the Poland trip was awesome! We went back to the city center of Kraków for the rest of the evening. At first our Rotary guy shepherded us around for a while, but we got to go up to this castle that had a really good view! There was also this amazing courtyard garden with loads of flowering trees and old gates. Afterwards we were set free! FUN! We were allowed out until 10, which eventually turned into about 4:30. I went with a group of three other Americans, all AFS surprisingly, to have real Polish food. We found this enormous restaurant that had outdoor seating, indoor, and dungeon. We sat outside, and there was absolutely no one else there! We though that that was strange for a Saturday night, but the food was good. I got mushroom Pirogi! YAY! And coffee. Leaving the guy a tip was an interesting process because Zlotys come in coin form until much larger amounts. And then all we had were Forints. Somehow we did it, we left little columns of metal, very strange.

The next morning we got back on the bus and went back to Budapest, I cant remember exactly how long the ride was, but it was long! We saw a lot of cool things though! My favorite was this castle up on a little mountain plateau thing, I think the picture is above. There was another one that I didn't see too. Apparently I slept through it twice, there and back. Oh well.

Back in Budapest we went to a humus bar! Before I left the US I knew about them, but only now have I gone. It was SO GOOD! And cheap! YAY! I got falafel.

This week has been about average. I went swimming three times and I think that I am getting a tiny bit better at the Butterfly. I still cant do the Breast Stroke to save my life though, the little girls in my lane pass me on that. Hum. We got to play water polo for the last 10 minutes too. Needless to say we lost, but it was good.

Today I am going to the Japanese library, we are going to watch an anime and I need to return a book. But I have to do a report on it for Irodalom class, I don't know how that is going to work really... OK, Sziasztok!

Vera

No comments: