Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hi Guys!

I'm in Poland! We drove up through Slovakia yesterday and arrived here at about 10:30pm. We were supposed to be here at 7pm though. Poland is beautiful, but I think the most drastic difference from Hungary are the buildings, not a single cement house, all wooden. You can start to see that in the Slovakia countryside as well.

Its definitely colder here. I forgot to take my coat out of my bag before we left, so I froze every time we stopped at a gas station (every gas station by the feel of it.) We got to take pictures of some incredible mountains too, all covered with snow.

In Slovakia, we could use Euros to buy thing, which I have a few of, but here we can't. It's kind of a pain because there aren't any ATM machines around the hostel. This place is pretty good. It's called Giraffe and is absolutely crawling with foreigners. There's a little kitchen that we can use as well, equipped with tea and everything. There's also a bar in the hostel, shocker. Guess why I couldn't sleep last night. They did let us have free ear plugs.

Today I'm not so sure what we are doing. Hardly anyone else is awake right now even though breakfast starts in 20 minutes. I just decided to get up the 8th time I was awoken. OK, people seem to be rousing. I can hear English. I never realised how easy it is to overhear other people when you completely understand what they are saying.

Yep, Americans are roaming the halls now. Got to go, szia! And I hope Junior Journey was good for everyone back home!


Vera

1 comment:

Darwin said...

The JJ flight back was cancelled. They left about an hour ago from Gulfport :)
and since there ARE pictures, why dont you UPLOAD them?