Tuesday, October 7, 2008

After the Arrival Orientation


So this weekend was the after the arrival orientation. It was pretty good. Got the HEV to some remote area of Budapest with a group of others, and spent the next day and a half stuck in a hotel. The HEV is awesome, its a train that goes all over Budapest but I can use my monthly pass on it. Which means its basically free for me to go anywhere that I want to in Budapest

because AFS pays for the ticket.

The rest of the weekend was pretty good. Met loads of new people. Tried to understand the people who spoke French, tried to translate 'Garlic' into German, and played pass with a stress ball. Apart from that the weekend was pretty quite. And school started again yesterday.

Yeah, one of the weird things that is different about the schools here is that when a teacher is absent, you don't have class. Only rarley are there real substitutes. Which means that because there is a plauge going arouns and everyone is ill, I did not have to first lesson Monday and today. I don't really know if thats a good thing though. I missed drawing. But I got to sleep:)!

I am going to go to the Castle District and walk around sometime this week I hope. Must take more Matyas pictures. Hope all is well!

-Veronica

3 comments:

Darwin said...

we should do the no teacher no sub thing....it kinda makes more sense than having us watch a movie :/

Anonymous said...

Hey Ve, What does Turkalo mean on the sign in this picture??

Ve said...

my host sister says that it means like a second hand shop

its kind of like a phrase to describe it, but not really the word. i hadnt even noticed that it said turk

szia!

ve