Friday, May 22, 2009

Sziasztok!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, to cut things short again. No time to really tell about the rest of the Euro trip, but I had my Vizsga! AHH! That's the Hungarian language exam. On Wednesday about 20 of the exchange students from AFS went to Szeged to have the test. We got a really early train and then studied like mad in our compartment on the train. There was some Hungarian guy in there, I bet he had a laugh at all of us foreigners trying to speak Hungarian. We got there about half an hour before the testing started, but the speaking section was all done individually so I had to wait for the longest time. When it was finally my turn, these two Hungarian women sat me down on this incredibly tall chair and had me take about housing. Somehow it spiraled off into trailers, and then FEMA, and then to cooking with pepper. Don't ask. They were pretty nice. The writing section, though it was more of a reading and listening comprehension test, was in the afternoon, and it was hard. They put us all in a classroom next to the train tracks and had us listen to questions and then fill in the bubble answer on our score sheets. Interesting, but my grades were OK.

I didn't really get to see much of Szeged, hopefully I will get to go back for a weekend of something later. Times running out though! There's a chance I might get to go to Romania in June, depends on if I decide to go or not. What do you think?

So, yesterday I was supposed to go swimming, but I kind of went to a French competition instead. My team, Les Allumettes, (we have an awesome name) got third place out of eight teams. It was fun. Then afterwards we went on a class trip to the theater that I didn't know about, but had already paid for somehow. Cool. We saw something called Stingy in Hungarian. We had the best seats too, second floor, right at the center. Oops, bell just rang, got to go to gym. I hope they don't make us run. Sziasztok, Ve

1 comment:

LaPerk said...

GO TO ROMANIA!!!!!