Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sziasztok!

Sorry I ran out on that last post. The little window on the screen came up that said I had only another 59 seconds left. I had to book-it offline anyway.

So, Monday was pretty great too, I went up to Gellért Hegye (a big mountain overlooking all of Budapest) with a girl from Belgium. I hadn't actually been up there yet, which is kind of sad. It's one of the biggest tourist destinations here. They have their own Szabadság Szobor, which is their Statue of Liberty. Pretty cool. It's funny to see tourist junk labeled in English with the words 'Statue of Liberty' on it. We met at Nyugati, where I was shocked to see Hungarian Deal or No Deal girls parading around in gold dresses, advertising. It's really going global I guess. They asked me if I had seen their principal. Or at least I think they did. Strange.

Well, after we made it up the mountain, we walked in a big circle around the center of the city. We must have gone in 50 places. We even managed to find this great text book shop with 'learn Hungarian' books in it. Unfortunately, they didn't have the second of the Hungarian book that I just completed. Oh well. In two weeks will be the Vizsga, the big language test. I'm not exactly nervous, but I guess kind of scared that everyone else will get much better grades than me. Ugg.
This Saturday starts the London-Paris-Brussels trip and I couldn't be more excited! It's going to be really great! Only thing is that I haven't really received any information about it, only word of mouth. Hum. Should be good though. Yesterday was the chapter meeting. They told us to go to Érzsébet tér for the meeting, so that's what everyone did. But an hour later we decided we were cold and went for refuge in the coffee shop that we usually have things in. Guess what, that's where the woman from AFS was. But it was fun, I got to see everyone.

Tomorrow is school again. Today I finished nyelvtan-ing and fordittan-ing my irodalom homework. Tomorrow I present to my class. OK, I should go now, szervusztok!

Vera

No comments: