Friday, February 6, 2009

Szervusztok!


Sorry, I don't have much time to write at the moment, it's the end of informatica óra right now. I've officially moved to my new family, so I'm settling in. Today I'm heading off for Székesfehérvár, where I will have a week long orientation next week. I don't know if I already told you that I was switched from the Békéscsaba group, which is kind of sad. I've never been there before, but next weekend I might get to go to Káposvár, another place I've never been. I think it's in the west, but I could be wrong.

Not much else going on at the moment, I had two Hungarian classes yesterday, which was good. Thursday is studying day now it seems... The chapter meeting was on Monday. I might be going to an opera the week after the orientation and maybe to a belly dance class with a girl from my class. OK, have to run, the bell's going off again. Such a weird Hungarian tradition, the bells all sing little tunes.

-Ve

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! VE-'s DOIN BELLY DANCE! When you get back we'll have to have a party!

-Devyn-Reilly

Ve said...

I hope so at least! should be fun, im going with a british hungarian german girl. she reminds me of kayla a lot actually... XOXO

Ve

margot said...

does your new family also live in budapest, or are you moving out of the city??

my mid-stay is in three or four weeks. it is in a small town, but in north germany, so i'm super excited. i have been to spain and the rhineland (west germany), and really briefly in france and austria and switzerland, but i've never been to the north and i can't wait to see what it's like.

how the vegetarian thing going? for me it's a lot easier than i expected; my host brother makes fun of me sometimes but i can always figure something out to eat. the only thing is that we eat lunch with my host grandpa once a week at a german restaurant, and they only have two or three vegetarian things on their menu and they're not so good. so that kind of sucks.

belly dance sounds awesome. e-mail me if you have time,

zoe