Saturday, February 21, 2009

Farsang!

So today is Farsang! Which is Hungary's Halloween, only it takes place in February and kids don't trick or treat. There's going to be a party tonight, and guess what, I'm going as a cow girl. Only fitting, as I have to lead the Cotton Eyed Joe dance tonight... Oh no... Should be a sight.

This week was really good. Fast. My oh my was it fast. I got to go to a belly dance class with a friend from school. Who'd have guessed? Thursday I started to actually do something in Biology class and took an Irodalom test. I'm not sure I passed... Oh well. There were also two Hungarian classes after school. For one, no body showed up but me and another girl, so we just went to Cicergo and had coffee. Then the other was really an Angol class taught by an American missionary. So, this has been an interesting week all around.

The orientation last week was pretty good. We took a Hungarian language test on Sunday which wasn't so great... It put me in the beginning intermediate, so...

OK, I have to go now, hope all is well in the USA!

Vera

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you come from where did you go... WHERE DID YOU COME FROM COTTON EYED VE-!

tee hee!

XOXOXO

-Devyn

Darwin said...

tape. it. !!!! :D

Ve said...

yeah, it is

Anonymous said...

Happy Hungarian Halloween, Ve. XO Laura

margot said...

yeah, we've got that in germany too... i didn't participate, but my host brother went to a party dressed as "hawaii toast" -- a hula dancer's outfit and a hat shaped like a toaster. it was a sight.

Anonymous said...

szia!!
klassz a bloggod, nagyon szeretem olvasni!!
az a tippem, hogy nèzd meg a "Valami amerika" filmet!!
na, ciao :-)