Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Two days ago we had our first culture class, mask making. Somehow they thought that an hour would be enough. Three hours later the hoard of MoHo perfectionists finished our masks. They were all very beautiful, but the professors weren’t so happy.

Afterwards, we all went out to what is probably the only pizza buffet in China to celebrate a birthday. None of the regular restaurant goers knew what to think about us loudly singing Happy Birthday. It was pretty good though, my body needed some wheat, I think. 

Yesterday, our language partners took us out into the city. We wanted to go to an old street with only tea shops, but our professor said it was too far. So we went in good Beijing fashion to the mall. Most people went to the flea market though. Maybe next week, I’ll try my hand at bargaining there. Who wants to bet that I fail dismally?
Yesterday, at lunch, I accidentally bought just about the most expensive dish in the cafeteria, spicy hot pot. But looking back it was only about $3.50. A word of caution though, just because it looks like tofu, that doesn’t mean it is tofu. 


We started the new textbook today. My brain is going to explode, but in 20 minutes I am off to calligraphy class!  I should probably get a move on.

Bye! Ve

No comments: