Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sziasztok!

So the thermal baths were awesome! There were lots of different kinds of pools, hot cold, warm, mineral, and more things I don't even know! In one was this circular wall that contained a whirl pool, slightly dangerous and full of human missiles, but FUN! Then there was one entirely for swimming, one with fountains, and one set at 10 degrees Celsius, or cold! We went into the sauna for a while (burned our feet sufficiently) then plunged into the freezing pool. There was a French girl looking at the pool and the people in it like they were out of their minds. You numb right up afterwards though. Next to the saunas were salt caves, you are supposed to sit in them for a long time, but we just had a look.

Szécsényi, the bath we went to, is supposed to be one of the best in Budapest, it was really great. Maybe some day I will go to a Turkish bath too or maybe not. They're a bit more nude in those I'm told.

Today, I walked around Budapest for a while, but it was really hot so I came back.32 degrees! HOT! I'm glad that I will miss the real temperatures in Budapest this summer, I don't know if I would survive.

The last preparations for my trip back home are still underway, I have a feeling it's going to be a mad rush right up until the very last second. Hope everything works out, see everyone back in the USA soon!

Ve

No comments: