Friday, January 2, 2009

First of 2009!











Szia Ketto-ezer-kilenc!




(Before I start I apologize for any mistakes and the lack of accents in the Hungarian.)

I thought that a good way to start the new year would be to share the traditional recipe for a Hungarian 'good luck' food, so here it is!

Magyar Lencse

-Egy nap a lencset beasztat vizbe
-Utana forro az olajat es voros hagymat
-Teszel a lencse hagymaba
-Megmarodt vizel egyut raunt az olajra
-Teszel sot, sok folvagne fok hagymat, mustart szasz,
-Egy ora fozni
-Csinalsz egy liszt, tej, es/vagy krem
-Mikor a kesz a lencse, teszel a feher szasz a lencsebe
-Eszel Forro!


Here is the version in English.

Hungarian Lentils
-Let the lentils soak in water for one day
-Heat oil and fry onions in it
-Put the lentils in the onions
-Cover the lentils with water
-Put in salt, LOTS of minced garlic, and mustard sauce in to taste
-Cook for an hour or until the lentils are done
-Make a flour, milk, and/or cream sauce (roux)
-When the lentils are done put in the sauce
-Eat Hot!

This is a video that the German girl and I took in front of the Danube and the parliament, unfortunately I can not post one of the videos that is somewhat better. But the Cotton Eyed Joe has hit Budapest and Germany. Szia mindenki,
-Ve

5 comments:

Darwin said...

youre TOTALLY doing it wrong!!!! :P

miss you <3

Ve said...

There were people watching, I couldnt help it

you too!!!!!! +more

Anonymous said...

VE- I LOVE YOU!!!!
*HEE HEE HEE*

Devyn

Darwin said...

eh! more of an opportunity to make a fool of yourself!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OH my word, you're so Ve! I just love ya! Laura